Sunday 15 March 2015

Together

Beautiful times and beautiful people make beautiful memories. Though, there are many memorable moments including our family holidays, birthdays and anniversaries. However, worth mentioning the memorable day is when I had put up a stall at #TheGreatFoodShow. It was a really  memorable day, because my entire family, including my husband and in laws and helped me put up a great show.
Being a mother of a 10 month old, I am always short on time and have my attention devided at all times. However, I must say that a week before we had started to make preparations and my husband took care of the little one single handedly and gave me enough time to prepare for the event.
The day was really special, firstly because all of us were together and secondly, it was a great weather day. Thanks to Housing.com  that I get to share the experience as a family here and just another cooking experience. We had an elaborate menu with the 'Delhi cuisine' theme. The menu included 'Chandni Chowk Ki Tikki', 'Fresh Rose Kulfi' and 'Refreshing Ginger Lemon Iced Tea'. The entire family got together to work on it. My aunt did the frying of the 'tikkis' and my cousins got busy making the iced tea. My husband and I spent time interacting with the visitors and making them taste the Kulfi, while our daughter was being taken care of by my father-in-law.
Along with being a hobby and passion being followed that day, I think it was a great family picnic. Even though it was not a perfect show put up, we all goofed up little but everybody's energy towards a common goal of making the event success was delightful and really heartening. Apart from the immediate family, great support was shown by our distant family and friends by coming over and appreciating the efforts. We missed our little dog, Milo there, who is a very important part of our lives. I wish all places allowed pets.
I always personally feel, that if we want to have success at work, we need to bring up a happy family too successfully. Most important resource is not money and our tangible assets but it is the peace of  mind and unconditional love and support from the near ones. After the birth of my daughter and her increasing dependence on me, I used to keep wondering, if I will ever be able to work again. However, looking at the family support, it gave me the strength and confidence to start work again and follow my passion of cooking.
Optimism is I guess the first step to a successful career and I am glad that I have already taken the first step. I would like to conclude by saying that we need to create a balance in our work and personal lives. None of the two is more important, rather both of them are equally important and interdependent. 

1 comment: