Saturday 27 April 2013

And the Wedding Day is here

14 days away from the wedding and I have these mixed feelings which I am trying to figure out. All I want is to be left alone to myself, not to be lonely but to rejoice my own time.
I am happy for making a fresh start and stepping into a new role of a wife to the man I have loved the most, daughter-in-law to the people I have known and respected since I was a child and a sister-in-law to a great friend. I am also a little nervous, not about the new life but too less time to prepare for it.

Thinking so much I have to do, meet friends, finish the pending work, paint the town red, cook, pack and shop. My friends keep on telling me to only pamper my self now but every time I make a wasted effort of telling them how packed I am with work. I believe all the brides go through this phase but I guess the ecstasy keeps them going.

My father in many ways tells me each day, that how much he is going to miss me. I am touched but I pretend as if I did not hear. My mother is perpetually worried about my well being but I always stay strong and try to convey that 'I can take care of myself'.  For my brother the pleasure of having my whole room to himself will be incomplete without me. My two little dogs will be so missed by me, their innocent faces pull me back home, wherever I am.......

Today, I am publishing something that I had written almost an year back in June, 2012. Will share my cooking experiences, marriage experiences and general life experience. Hope they are of some help to somebody here...

1 comment: